- Mama Sita’s Spicy Sauce (Caldereta) Mix – 1 pouch
- Beef brisket (cubed) or venison – 1 kg (2.20 lb.)
- Potatoes (cubed) – 1 cup
- Carrots (cubed) – 1 cup
- Bell or Sweet Peppers
- Water – 2 cups
- Cooking oil – 3 tbsp.
- Garlic, Onion, Salt, Pepper
- Boil meet until tender.
- Venison : Boil at least 30 mins – 1 hr, add water if needed. Drain water and use fresh cup for the sauce.
- In different pan, saute onion, garlic, bell pepper.
- Add meat, carrots and potatoes to sauted mix.
- Stir in Mama Sita’s Caldereta Mix and green peas (and olives)
- Simmer until done.
Other substitutes to beef caldereta: venison, lamb, goat, chicken or pork.